Fraud is an act of deception of a personal gain. The legislation surrounding fraud in Scotland can be found here. There are many types of fraud, including benefit fraud, mortgage fraud and many others.
FAQ Benefit Fraud
- The overpayment is £5000 or more
- You have previously been convicted of benefit fraud
- Attendance Allowance
- Bereavement Payment
- Child Benefit
- Child Tax Credit
- Christmas Bonus
- Council Tax Benefit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Graduated Retirement Benefit
- Guardian’s Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Constant Attendance Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
- Industrial Injuries Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance (where a Disablement Pension is payable)
- Personal Independence Payment
- State Pension
- Social Fund Payments
- War Pension Constant Attendance Allowance
- War Pension Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
- War Pension Mobility Supplement
How is fraud committed?
Fraud can take many forms and involves deceptively taking property or money from a person with the owner’s consent.
Fraud occurs when a person makes a pretence that they know to be false with the intention of deceiving the victim into acting in a manner in which they would not otherwise have acted, for example, part with valuables as a result.
Fraud allegations can be very complex, and the evidence can be very voluminous and can date back many years. Our solicitors have great experience in the field of Fraud and have been involved in some of Scotland’s most lengthy and complex cases.
There are many different types of Fraud, and some are very complex. Often the evidence to be considered dates back many years.
What should you do if accused of Benefit Fraud?
If you have been accused of benefit fraud, it is important to contact us straight away, and our dedicated team of lawyers will jump into action and assist you in achieving the best possible result. In cases of fraud, there is very often a great deal of work to be done by lawyers which include the gathering of information stretching back many years, such as bank records and other financial information. Our lawyers pride themselves on their meticulous preparation of such cases and attention to detail.
From the very first discussion with Matthew I was put at ease. He was very professional at all times. I was delighted at the successful outcome. Excellent work.